“Prepping should be:
* Responsible. It is smart and normal to get ready for emergencies.
* Valuable. The whole point is to actually benefit from prepping if you should ever need it.
* Easy. Don’t waste hundreds of hours digging through incorrect and confusing content.
* Affordable. Almost any budget can cover the basics of prepping.
* Comforting. Have the peace of mind that you and your family are ready.
* Fun. It’s challenging and fun to figure out how to become a more self-sufficient person. It’s like Boy/Girl Scouts for adults.”-The Prepared, “The Sane Prepper Mantra: Common sense rules for prepping.” ThePrepared.com. January 8, 2018
I haven’t gone into this article in detail, mostly marking it for later reference. It looks like a companion piece to Doomsday Planning for Less Crazy Folk.