Over-the-top chocolate chip, oatmeal cookies.
- 1 1/2 cups, all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon, baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light (or dark) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons, vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 sweet shredded coconut, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup, toasted nut of choice, such as pecans or cashews
- 1 cup, semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup, white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup, toffee chips and/or golden raisins
- 2 1/2 cups, old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 baking sheets
- parchment paper
- standing mixer
- 3 mixing bowls
- long wooden spoon
- wire rack for cooling
- air-tight containers
- Preheat oven to 350F (177C).
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In mixer bowl, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla.
- Add eggs and beat until blended, about a minute.
- Add flour, 3 tablespoons at a time.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper, with 1 inch separating them.
- Bake for 12 minutes (chewy) to 14 minutes (crisp).
- Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes after removing to oven, then transfer to wire rack.
- Once cool, put in an air-tight container.