My wife’s cranberry chutney recipe that she makes for Thanksgiving. I’ll add a picture after she makes it.
- 4 cups of fresh cranberries, picked over and washed
- 2 cups of sugar (or to taste)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 large navel orange
- 1 teaspoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- Combine cranberries, sugar, water in a medium saucepan and turn the heat to medium-low.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the berries are broken. Roughly 20-30 minutes.
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove the entire zest (of skin) of the orange.
- Cut the orange zest into small pieces and set aside.
- Remove the white pith from the outside of the orange.
- Separate the orange into sections.
- Remove pithy parts from the inside of the orange.
- Combine the orange sections, zest and grated ginger in a blender or food processor.
- Blend on medium-high for about 1-2 minutes.
- Combine the blended mixture from food processor into saucepan with cranberries.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for another 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer cranberries to a bowl, cool, then chill until ready to serve.