- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the Acorn squash in half and scoop out seeds (knife with serrated blade works best for me).
- Put squash in pan, add about a cup of water, cover in foil.
- Put in oven, cook for about 45 min.
- Take it out of oven, let cool.
- Process some basil in a food processor or just cut into small pieces, about 10 leaves or so.
- When cool, peel squash skin.
- Put squash in bowl, mix in basil and mash.
If you want a tastier version add butter, salt, garlic, orange zest or whatever is desired when you mix in the basil.